- This event has passed.
Mini Tour of the Mansion’s First Floor Period Rooms
September 19 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Museum offers $5 Mini Tours on various days throughout the season in place of docent-led Guided Tours. Mini Tours allows visitors to drop in at any time during the hours of operation and explore the first floor of the Mansion at their leisure, with docents present in each Period Room to provide information and answer questions. The admission fee of $5 applies to all visitors, including LMMM members.
COVID-19 Rules and Measures
The health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff are our highest priority. Therefore, we continue to implement the state’s regulations, CDC guidelines, and industry standards for best museum practices during the ongoing pandemic with the following rules and measures established for your visit:
• All visitors will be required to wear masks, regardless of vaccination status.
• If you have a medical condition that keeps you from wearing a mask, we ask you to please visit at a later date.
• If you do not have a mask available, or your mask is deemed ineffective, the Museum will make a disposable mask available to you.
• All tickets are available for purchase in advance. Walk-ins are welcome to purchase tickets at the door, and subject to availability.
• Social distancing shall be required for all Staff, volunteers and visitors in the Mansion. Social distancing means keeping 6 feet apart from guests, docents, and staff at all times during your tour. Our protocols on social distancing will be posted on signs around the Mansion.
• The Museum will make hand sanitizer available at entrance points and common areas within the Mansion.
• We are taking great precautions in cleaning common areas with EPA approved cleaning products.
• Rules will be posted on our website and along the tour for your safety.
• Additionally, as stated above, all visitors will have to agree to these regulations before purchasing tickets to the Mansion.
By entering the Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting the Museum, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold liable for any illness or injury the Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum of Norwalk, Inc. or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation. We strive to make the Mansion’s experience both accessible and safe for all of our visitors.
Image: The Mansion’s Drawing Room, courtesy of Sarah Grote Photography