To All Our Visitors:
We are pleased to announce that the Museum has reopened for tours! The Museum’s expansive and magnificent Period Rooms on the first floor offers socially distant house tours and a contemplative and relaxing atmosphere. While we are grateful to be able to reopen at this time, the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff are our highest priority therefore, we have established new guidelines in keeping with state regulations, CDC guidelines, and industry standards for best museum practices to address COVID-19 health and safety concerns.
Following are the new rules and measures established for your visit:
• All visitors will be required to wear masks.
• If you have a medical condition that keeps you from wearing a mask, we ask you to please visit at a later date when it is deemed safe for visitors not to wear a mask.
• If you do not have a mask available, or your mask is deemed ineffective, the Museum will make a disposable mask available to you.
• All tickets must be purchased online and in advance. We will not be able to accept walk-ins at this time. If you arrive at the Museum without a ticket, we will ask you to visit our website at www.lockwoodmathewsmansion.com/programs and purchase a ticket before entering.
TOURS & SOCIAL DISTANCING
• Tours will be limited to 5 visitors to allow for safe social distancing from docents and other visitors.
• Social distancing shall be required for all Staff, volunteers and visitors in the Mansion. Social distancing means keeping 6 feet apart from guests, docents, and staff at all times during your tour. Our protocols on social distancing will be posted on signs around Mansion, and social distancing markers will be placed on the floors to allow safety and convenience.
• Our Gift Shop will not be operating at this time.
• Each bathroom in the basement will accommodate 2 people at any given time.• Only one person will be allowed in the elevator at a time, or two from the same household.
• The Mansion will be open for tours four days per week, on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. The Mansion will hold two 45-minute tours at 12:00PM and 2:00PM on each day the Museum is open, the tickets for which must be reserved ahead of time. All tickets can be purchased on our website.
• The Museum will make hand sanitizer available at entrance points and common areas within the Mansion.
• We are taking great precautions in cleaning common areas with EPA approved cleaning products. Sanitary wipes and trash cans will be available in the restrooms to avoid direct contact on commonly used surfaces.
• Rules will be posted on our website and along the tour for your safety.
• Additionally, as stated above, all visitors will have to agree to these regulations before purchasing tickets to the Mansion.
The health and safety of everyone who enters the Museum are our highest priority, therefore, we have established new guidelines in keeping with state regulations, CDC guidelines, and industry standards for best museum practices to address COVID-19 health and safety concerns.
By entering the Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting the Museum, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold liable for any illness or injury the Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum of Norwalk, Inc. or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation. We strive to make the Mansion’s experience both accessible and safe for all of our visitors.